Friday, July 19, 2013

That's Not a Knife!

So I've been toying around with metal since I was twelve, but this past school year and last summer I really got into it. These are finished works I've been making for myself and whatnaught. I really have no clue what I'm doing. Besides researching the living daylights out of the internet, I decided to go abeating. It wasn't pretty. Maybe I'll post that someday.... somewhere...over the rainbow. These two are brothers in that they where once from the same tool. I'm not sure what the tool was, some kind of shear for watch bands, but when my dad handed it to me, I knew I'd struck gold...err steel. It was high carbon tool steel. Everything up to this point had been just mild or low carbon and that was fine for practicing, but I needed a real knife. So I cut up the steel and forged it out. I like the way the shot one feels in my hand, but I love the way the other one looks and cuts. I hope you enjoy it. I'll get some more up soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment