Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Learning Curve, Mistakes, and Delays

Hello world. I've been working on metal working and woodworking, I promise! However, I've been at school since late in August so the flow of DIY has slowed quite a bit, but rest assured that I have at least three projects that I'm actively working on this semester.

As I've been in school it has been increasingly difficult to do any hobbies, but I'm still trying. If I can, the cameras come with me to class and I'll snap some shots when I can on campus. I'm also going to try to get out and take more walks now that the fall colors are here (finally). I'm working on my physical projects whenever I can too. My next plan is to finish two of the simpler ones, forge ahead on the big one, and learn new skills for the third. I'm also trying to convince the lovely subject of one of my photographs from the below post to let me to photograph her again, but she's being camera shy. In the mean time, here are a few shots I've neglected to post.


These two are some interestingly distorted long exposure shots of fireworks from this previous July 4th (although, the celebration these were taken at was held on the 3rd). The camera is my Canon Powershot 135 Elph. They are titled Eagle and Lotus.

Tarantula 

Louis the XIV
Chihuly 
These were fun to discover after I shot them. I forgot my tripod so I shot these braced against my knee. I had someone laying on top of me so my knee wasn't 100% stable, hence the fun zigzags. 



These were all shot on a Kodak  Brownie Bulls-eye. The first two are at Ohio State University and the third is from St Patrick's Church in Columbus, Ohio. They were all shot on 120 film modified to fit in a 620 camera. 

This one is from my Anscoflex and was taken at the same location as the other statue in my previous post.


The above two are on the Canon again with the first being made monochrome.


The above two were taken just after a rainstorm on some Panasonic camera belonging to my mother. I don't quite remember the type, but the files are very large and high quality for a macro zoom on a digital point and shoot so I may find out for later use.


These two are on the Kodak again. I posted these just to show you the wonders of photo shop in saving a photo. This was one of my first shots on film too, so the lighting in very dark. I've learned a lot about film since that shot last year.

That's all for now. I'll be posting more soon. Until then, here's a sneak peek. No more hints than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment